18 settembre 2011
Hereby we would like to inform you that the process for applications for activities to be held in cooperation with the European Youth Centre in the second semester of 2012 is now open.
These activities concern, in majority, study sessions in the centre’s programmes, symposia and “special projects”. The specific conditions and criteria for the activities are appended here.
The programme of activities for 2012 will be run according to the work priorities of the youth sector of the Council of Europe as defined by the Agenda 2020 and the expected results in the programme of activities for 2012 and 2013. Priority will be given to activities, especially study sessions, which aim at:
1) Human rights education: Promoting the Council of Europe’s core values and young people and children learning and acting for human rights and democracy.
2) Preventing gender discrimination and gender based violence
3) Education and training of young people in fighting discrimination and promoting cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue, with an emphasis on:
a) young migrants, asylum seekers, refugees and internally displaced people
b) young Roma engaged in anti-discrimination and youth participation
c) young people defending human rights online notably by combating hate speech
4) Intercultural dialogue between young people from Europe and neighbouring regions.
5) Addressing post-conflict situations and promoting conflict transformation
6) Fighting discrimination and exclusion through social cohesion; ensuring social rights and social inclusion are a reality for young people.
For the Council of Europe, the programme of study sessions represents an important way of associating young people to the mission of the Council of Europe in relation to youth policy. Study sessions are also a concrete means of support to youth organisations and networks, notably by covering the costs of the activity and providing professional educational support.
Youth organisations and networks intending to apply for a study session for the second semester of 2012 should send their application by 1st of October 2011 to email@example.com. The activities proposed should contribute to the thematic priorities mentioned above while preserving the independence and autonomy of the youth organisations applying. A (revised) application form is also appended to this message.
For any further questions, please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.